Tucker, GA — The Hearts & Soles 5K will run through Tucker on Feb. 6.
It’s the first time the event has been held in Tucker.
The event, organized by the Atlanta Track Club, will be start at the Tucker Recreation Center, 4898 Lavista Rd, Tucker, GA 30084. In-person slots for the race have filled up, but participants can still register for the virtual race. For registration information, click here.
The course includes Henderson Road, Tipperary Trail, Lake Erin Drive, Chamblee Tucker Road and Morgan Road. To see a course map, click here.
According to a spokesperson, the event is free for all Atlanta Track Club members and $20 for non-members.
“Historically, the race has been held at Georgia State University/Perimeter college on one of our flattest and fastest courses but due to permitting limitations this year we had to move it,” the spokesperson for the Track Club said.
There will be more than 700 participants this year. Registration for the virtual race ends on Feb. 5 at 11:59 p.m. The race also celebrates people’s love for running and walking. Virtual participants must submit their results online between Feb. 6 and Feb. 8 using a link emailed to them. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be safety measures in place.
“Atlanta Track Club has adopted specific policies to ensure the safety of all participants, volunteers and staff,” the spokesperson said. “All in attendance are expected to comply with the following policies.”
Those safety measures include:
– Scheduled start times, 25 runners per wave, every 5 minutes
– Mask worn at all times (including warmup) but can be removed when participating in the event but must be put back on immediately after crossing the finish line
– Temperature checks upon entering the venue
– All participants to bring their own hydration on course
– Social distancing of 6 feet practiced throughout the venue
– Complete the Health Screening Questionnaire within 24 hours of attending the event. Be prepared to show e-mail confirmation of completion on your phone at the health screening tent.
Source: Atlanta Track Club
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain. For more Tucker news, follow us on Facebook by clicking here. To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.