DeKalb County, GA – Over the weekend DeKalb County Commissioner Lorraine Cochran-Johnson launched her annual litter initiative in which volunteers will clean up several stretches of heavily-trafficked roadways, a press release said.
The DeKalb County District 7 Corridor Cleanup Initiative kicked off Saturday, April 10, at 9 a.m. and will focus on cleaning up Panola Road, between Covington Highway and Thompson Mill Road. Volunteers are asked to meet at 2695 Panola Road, Stonecrest, GA 30058.
“During the first year of my term in office, I launched a litter cleanup project with local civic organizations,” said Commissioner Cochran-Johnson. “Seeing neighborhoods collaborate with one another to invest in the beautification of their community was inspiring and I look forward to the successful completion of this venture.”
The five-week District 7 Corridor Cleanup Initiative will focus on several south DeKalb roads, taking place on the following dates:
Saturday, April 10
– Panola Road, between Covington Highway and Thompson Mill Road
– Meet-up location: 2695 Panola Road, Stonecrest, GA 30058
Saturday, April 17
– Columbia Drive, between Rainbow Drive and Glenwood Drive
– Meet-up location: 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
Saturday, May 1
– Candler Road, between Toney Drive and Flat Shoals Road
– Meet-up location: 2801 Candler Road, Decatur, GA 30034
Monday, May 10
– Lavista Road, between Harobi Drive and Lavista Woods Drive
– Meet-up location: 4800 Briarcliff Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Monday, May 17
– Memorial Drive, between Kensington Road and Hambrick Road
– Meet-up location: 4380 Memorial Drive, Decatur, GA 30022
Volunteers will receive masks, gloves, trash bags, reflective vests and trash pick-up sticks. Lunch will also be provided at the meet-up locations following each cleanup.
Individuals interested in volunteering should register at https://bit.ly/2OkuRKS.
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.