This story has been updated.
Stone Mountain, GA — The Stone Mountain City Council on May 18 will hold its regular work session, which begins at 6:30 p.m.
Here are the access instructions:
Meeting ID: 867 3370 5723Passcode: 275884One tap mobile:
- +13017158592,,86733705723# US (Washington DC)
- +13126266799,,86733705723# US (Chicago)Dial by your location:
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)Meeting ID: 867 3370 5723Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.
The City Council will continue its discussion about updating city code relating to microbreweries and microdistilleries.
According to a memo from City Manager ChaQuias Thornton, the proposed code update is in anticipation of future development within the city of Stone Mountain.
“As of 2017, where permitted by local ordinance, there was established by Georgia law, an intermediate category of alcohol sale that includes brewpubs, breweries, and distilleries,” Thornton said. “In 2018, the City Council of Stone Mountain amended Chapter 3 Alcoholic Beverages to include definition and provisions for microbreweries. There were, however, no use regulations added to the City’s Zone Code for such use.”
City Council also discuss:
– An online interactive zoning map proposal
– A tentative adoption of the 2021 millage rate
– A memorandum of understanding between the city and the Mainstreet Program
There’s also a planned executive session to discuss real estate.
To see the full agenda for the May 18 meeting, click here.
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.