Decatur, GA – Due to the county’s observance of Independence Day on Monday, July 5, garbage, recyclable materials and yard trimmings collection for residential customers will run one day late as follows:
– Monday, July 5 –Independence Day observed. No sanitation service.
– Tuesday, July 6 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Monday, July 5, will be serviced on Tuesday, July 6.
– Wednesday, July 7 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Tuesday, July 6, will be serviced on Wednesday, July 7.
– Thursday, July 8 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Wednesday, July 7, will be serviced on Thursday, July 8.
– Friday, July 9 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday, July 8, will be serviced on Friday, July 9.
The North Transfer Station will be open from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Monday, July 5, resuming normal operating hours on Tuesday, July 6. The Customer Care call center, Central Transfer Station and Seminole Road Landfill will be closed on Monday, July 5, reopening on Tuesday, July 6, during normal operating hours.
For more information, contact the Sanitation Division’s Customer Care team at 404-294-2900 or [email protected] , visit www.dekalbsanitation.com , or follow @DKalbSanitation on Twitter.
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.