DeKalb County, GA —DeKalb County Government is partnering with local faith leaders to distribute 3,600 boxes of produce and chicken on Saturday, March 5, a press release said.
“As food prices continue to soar, many people are struggling to keep food on their tables,” DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond said. “This food distribution will help to relieve the burden residents have of feeding their families.”
On Saturday, March 5, beginning at 9 a.m., food distributions will be held at the following locations:
– Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain, GA 30088
– Big Miller Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 3800 Big Miller Grove Way, Stonecrest, GA 30038
– New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, 6400 Woodrow Road, Stonecrest GA 30038
– Rehoboth Baptist Church, 2997 Lawrenceville Hwy., Tucker, GA 30084
– The Covenant Church, 1700 Corey Blvd., Decatur, GA 30032
– Shy Temple CME Church, 2030 Wesley Chapel Road, Decatur, GA 30035
The county is utilizing federal American Rescue Plan funds to purchase the produce and chicken. Since May 2020, DeKalb County has distributed 64,500 boxes of food.
The Tucker Observer is a community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.