DeKalb County, GA — DeKalb County Government is partnering with local faith leaders to distribute 5,000 boxes of fresh fruit and vegetables, dozens of eggs and 10-pound bags of chicken hindquarters on Saturday, May 21, a press release said.
“High food prices continue to plague working families and senior citizens struggling to keep food on their tables,” DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond said. “DeKalb County and our faith partners are holding this food distribution to help relieve that burden.”
On Saturday, May 21, beginning at 9 a.m., food distributions will be held at the following locations:
- New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, 6400 Woodrow Road, Stonecrest, GA 30038
- Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain, GA 30088
- Beulah Missionary Baptist Church, 2340 Clifton Springs Rd., Decatur, GA 30034
- Big Miller Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 3800 Big Miller Grove Way, Stonecrest, GA 30038
- The Covenant Church, 1700 Corey Blvd., Decatur, GA 30032
- Saint Phillip AME, 240 Candler Rd. SE, Atlanta, GA 30317
- Shy Temple CME Church, 2030 Wesley Chapel Road, Decatur, GA 30035
- Rehoboth Baptist Church, 2997 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker GA 30084
The county is utilizing federal American Rescue Plan funds to purchase the produce and chicken. Since May 2020, DeKalb County has distributed 73,100 boxes of food.
The Tucker Observer is a community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.