Tucker, GA — Leadership DeKalb announced its 2023 class of participants spanning education, government, healthcare, legal, nonprofit, public safety and private sectors.
Tucker government leaders have been active in Leadership DeKalb. Jackie Moffo, economic development director, is joining the class of 2023. City Council member Anne Lerner attended the program and now serves on the board. Recent graduates include City Manager Tami Hanlin, Code Enforcement Officer Maricela Paridomo and Community Development Director Courtney Smith.
The class of 2023 includes:
- Shawn Adams, Vice President of Student Affairs, Georgia Piedmont Technical College
- Sunny Anderson, Senior Business Attraction Manager, Decide DeKalb
- Judge Charles Bailey, DeKalb County State Court
- Terry Buttrill, Public Affairs Director, Georgia Transmission Corporation
- Francoise Carroll, Interim Executive Director, International Community School
- Ashley Coleman, Civic Engagement Manager, New American Pathways
- Letitia Delan, Chief Assistant and Director of Professional Development, DeKalb County Public Defender’s Office
- Nick Fernandez, Director of Government Affairs, Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Heather M. Gaylord, Owner, Hey Heather Mae, LLC
- H. Eric Hilton, Partner, Hall Booth Smith, P.C.
- Shannon Hodder, Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney, DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office
- Daniel Johnson, Manager, Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District, Atlanta Regional Commission
- Lauren Kiefer, Cofounder and Chief Operating Officer, DocAuto, Inc. and Executive Director, Peachtree Creek Greenway
- Brian Lake, Attorney, Robbins Alloy Belinfante Littlefield LLC
- Tania Lamothe, IT Security Manager, KPMG
- Ryan Loke, Senior Vice President and Chief Health Policy Officer, Grady Health System
- Emanuel McCown III, Commander, Internal Affairs Unit, DeKalb County Police Department
- Jackie Moffo, Economic Development Manager, City of Tucker
- Scott Myers, Deputy Chief Assistant Solicitor General, DeKalb County Solicitor General’s Office
- Sheena Parks, Chief Deputy Clerk, DeKalb County State Court
- Garfield Peart, President, Syntony Design Collaborative, LLC
- Tanika Perry-Vincent, Educational Technology Specialist and Spanish Teacher, Atlanta Public Schools
- Earl Porter III, Associate Attorney, Alston and Bird LLP
- Jacquelyn Reasor, Vice President, Clinical Ancillary Services, Grady Health System
- Angel Riley, Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney, DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office
- Miriam Smith, Director of Corporate Relations, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Connie D. Stevenson, Director of School Choice and Student Assignment, DeKalb County School District
- Shelley Sweazey, Executive Director, Regional Strategy and Execution, Kaiser Permanente
- Rondah Thomas, Area Manager, Georgia Power Company
Since its founding in 1986, Leadership DeKalb has connected leaders and enhanced their leadership skills. Class members learn about history, diversity, government, justice, arts and culture, education, health and economic development in DeKalb County and the distinct issues facing leaders in these areas.
“The Leadership DeKalb Board of Directors looks forward to welcoming this amazing group to our organization,” said Marquetta J. Bryan, Leadership DeKalb chair. “The relationships created and the knowledge gained during the Leadership DeKalb Program will benefit our class members, their employers, DeKalb County and metro Atlanta.”
The Tucker Observer is a community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.